Thursday, June 23, 2016

{handlettered sign project}


A few weeks ago I was asked by my friend Lori at Luxe Lizzies Boutique here in Richmond, Indiana, to handletter a chalkboard sign for her shop. 

She had already trusted me with her store windows so I guess it only made sense to keep giving me things to draw on! 

She wanted the sign to be weather proof, so even though it was a chalkboard she asked me to use permanent paint pen instead of chalk or chalk markers. Makes total sense, but whew did that up my anxiety level since every mark I made on her adorable chalkboard was 100% permanent. 

Here are a few in progress photos...




And here is how it turned out...



I created the same design on both sides using paint pens and a gold sharpie (which looks SO good on the black). And look at those doodled windows in the background! Proud girl over here. 

Lori loves it and I am really happy with how it stands out and adds a fun vibe to her already awesome shop. 

Hope to do more projects like this down the road!

XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...