Wednesday, October 14, 2015

{shoes and morning fog}


I have a favorite spot in our local park that I intentionally drive by as often as possible.


This morning it was looking particularly ethereal, with the crisp morning air creating wisps of fog where it met the water. 

Contemplative is a word that describes me on any ordinary day, but the past few days I have been feeling stretched thinner than usual by worries both near to my heart and those of strangers, and finding a way to take what I define as personal flaws and showcasing them at the front of my mind. Giving them tiaras and trophies like they deserve to be applauded. 

Last night I picked up my devotional (Savor by Shauna Niequist) and the day's passage was about grace. How fitting.

"Grace isn't about having a second chance; grace is having so many chances tha tyou could use them through all eternity and never come up empty. Its when you finally realize that the other shoe isn't going to drop, ever. Grace is an even better gift...its forgiveness without forgetting, which is much sweeter than amnesia." 

Amen. 

Forgetting isn't really possible So let's do our best to forgive, and be thankful for shoes and morning fog. 


XO,
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...