Tuesday, September 15, 2015

{our stripped down selves}






A lot of things have me thinking lately about knowing who we are and liking who we are. 

When we strip away all of the material things, the titles, the accomplishments, the amount of likes and follows on social media, the number of times per week we go to church, the political candidate we support, the brand of religion we profess...when we are stripped down to the essence of who we are. 

What is left? 

Do we like what we see? 

Are we good to other people? 

Do we leave them feeling better about themselves? 

Do we encourage them? 

Do we make time for the people that matter most to us? 

In the end that's all we really have...liking our stripped down selves and being good to others. 

XO,

signature

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of the song Nothing More by The Alternate Routes. I wake up to it every morning and it reminds me that how I treat others is how I am defined..

Unknown said...

I can't answer that! Because I don't know! But, you've got me thinking now...

Unknown said...

I love this post and I think this is one of my favorite pieces you have done. Does it come in coffee mug form?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...