Monday, December 15, 2014

{magical days}


One of my favorite things about being a mom of boys are our "date" days. Every other weekend, my hubby usually has to work all day, so the boys and I are on our own. I have so much fun planning these days and filling them with fun activities. This past Saturday was one of those days and to be honest it was one of those magical motherhood days when I felt so incredibly blessed and happy to be able to spend time with them. 

We didn't do anything extraordinary. We didn't spend much money. 

But we made some pretty awesome memories. 


First we headed out in the car and went to our local toy shop which is a super fun place. After that I took them to see a big train display that we go to every year. 


We usually go on a Tuesday night when they have special activities going on, but it is always SO full of people that it is hard to enjoy. Taking them on Saturday was perfect because we were almost the only people there and they were able to look as long as they wanted. 

We also took advantage of the fun props outside the store...


I told them to "act like you love each other" in front of the dinosaur and this was the result...


Silly boys.

After the trains, we went home and watched Polar Express {and I snuck in a short nap...shhhhh}. The boys played trains and we ate chex mix...it was right out of a Norman Rockwell painting I tell ya. ;) 

Then I thought it would be fun to go on a drive around town to look at lights. We stopped at Starbucks first so I could surprise them with hot chocolate for the ride {and a latte for me of course} and then we were on our way. 

The BEST house in town was our big destination...

Aside from the crazy amount of lights, the owners also have a hologram of Santa that plays in the window {do you see him?!}. It looks SO real and even after seeing him there last year, they still believe he is actually in the house. He waves at one point and they go crazy over that. I never thought I would be one of those parents that perpetuates the Santa thing, but it sure adds a lot of magic to Christmas. 

I feel so blessed to be able to spend days like this with my boys. When I look back on their childhood these are the memories that I will hold so tightly in my heart. And I hope they do as well. 

What is one of your favorite holiday traditions with your kids or your family? I'd love to hear about it!

XO, 
signature

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...